Thursday, October 02, 2003

Holiness

Unworthy to be considered one? What is holiness anyway? What it takes to be holy? Not spiritual enough? Being pseudo spiritual to shake and rattle to convince ourselves? Taking step aback from intercessory prayer meeting into a mindset of a skeptic, a word flashes through… madness. Total madness. Chaos. Controlled chaos. Probably systematic chaos. However, in the midst of madness, a sense of belonging surge through. Even critics’ mindset undeniably have to admit an intangible sense of unity among the body of Christ. Correctness of doctrine or not, I do not know. Laying of hands brings that brotherly and sisterly act of saying, hey I’m here to support you. Nothing overly spiritual about it but just a down to earth gesture of affirmation of love. This draws parallelism when the blind man that Jesus healed said “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!” Putting to extreme, the world definition of holiness is equal of being a monk locked up in some far away mountain, meditating 24/7. Is that holiness?

No comments: